Scientific name: Cyclamen Persicum
Origin: Middle-east, Greece, Mediterranean Islands
Overview: The cyclamen consists of heart-shaped leaves that are variously variegated with silver. These leaves are borne on a red or pink leafstalk that comes directly from a large tubercle. The erect floral stems curve at the tip and bears a single flower with broad petals turned upwards, giving the impression of a butterfly. Flowering is often continual and especially abundant from September to May.
- Lighting: Intense to Medium.
- Watering: As soon as the soil begins to dry during the growing season. Allow the soil to dry out during the rest period.
- Temperature: Modern cultivars tolerate normal temperatures, preferring cool temperatures: 13ºC-18ºC during the day, and up to 5ºC at night.
- Humidity: Humid atmosphere during the growing season. Tolerates dry air during the rest period.
- Fertilizer: Balanced (20-20-20 All Purpose) or for green plants during the growth period.
* Plants do not come with cover pot. Pot can be purchased separately here