Scientific name: Clivia Miniata
Overview: The clivia grows tufts of large dark green fan-shaped leaves that are banded and arched. In the winter or spring, it has a flower stem of about 45 cm that supports fifteen bright orange flowers in heart-shaped trumpets. This plant flowers once a year.
- Lighting: Intense to Medium
- Watering: During the growing season, as soon as the soil begins to dry. In the winter, let the soil dry up. Resume watering at the time of flowering.
- Temperature: Normal. Tolerates hot spots during the summer but prefers cool temperatures in the winter, up to 8ºC - 10ºC at night, to stimulate flowering.
- Humidity: Tolerates dry air but humid atmosphere is strongly recommended at all times.
- Fertilizer: Balanced (20-20-20 All Purpose) or for green plants during the growth period.
* Plants do not come with cover pot. Pot can be purchased separately here