Scientific name: Guzmania Lingulata
Origin: Brazil, Antilles
Overview: The guzmania's flower, if produced at maturity, can grow up to 30 centimetres high. Its flower is composed of red funnel bracts and small ephemeral yellow flowers. The deep rosette glazed leaves are long and narrow with sharp edges and a pointed tip.
- Lighting: Medium. Tolerates low lighting but blooms only under more intense lighting.
- Watering: Keep the cup of the rosette filled with clear water. Allow the soil to dry slightly between waterings. If the plant is grown on a wooden plate or bark, bathe in water once a week.
- Temperature: Hot. Minimum 18ºC
- Humidity: Tolerates dry air but humid atmosphere is strongly recommended at all times.
- Fertilizer: Balanced (20-20-20 All Purpose) or for green plants at half the recommended dosage all year round.